Friday, June 24, 2011

A Special 40th Birthday Post

A summary of my birthday so far:

Wanted to sleep late--cat woke me at 4am instead
Wanted to stay home and lounge around--ran out of propane for cooking and had to go buy more.
Only put on powder and mascara--too lazy to get all fancied up.
Fixed my hair--well, eh, I wet my hands and ran them over my mop of a coiffure.That counts right?
Couldn't find clean socks so I went sockless, in boots, with my favorite easy to wear dress--Don't Judge Me!

Stopped at the bookstore to buy myself my favorite magazine and ended up buying a cheapie book too--It IS my B-day ya know.
Narrowly avoided buying myself an overpriced, gazillion calorie frappuccino.

While at the grocery I bought enchiladas, chips and soda, cookies & cream ice cream forgot the coffee creamer and almost forgot the propane.(The whole reason I got all dressed up to begin with)---Mmmm, Birthday dinner!

Have answered back to tons of Happy Birthday wishes from friends and family and received homemade cards from my kids.
In moments I will sit down to a dinner cooked by kids instead of me. I made it easy with the frozen enchiladas, lol! I'll have ice cream for desert. (glad I resisted that frappuccino)

I can now call this the best 40th birthday ever.
Hope your day was as good as mine!

Update: to top it all off I got to watch Neil Gaiman read an excerpt of his work at Wits (online at least,lol)
Definitely the best birthday ever!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday fellow cancer! Mine is on Sunday. Sounds like you had a great day. When kids cook the meals its always good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You and Happy Birthday to you! My day was awesome, hope yours is as well!

    ReplyDelete